8TH EUROPEAN PUBLIC HEALTH CONFERENCE 14 – 17 OCTOBER 2015 – HEALTH IN EUROPE – FROM GLOBAL TO LOCAL POLICIES, METHODS AND PRACTICES
8TH EUROPEAN PUBLIC HEALTH CONFERENCE | 14 – 17 OCTOBER 2015 | MILANO CONGRESSI (MICO), MILAN, ITALY
HEALTH IN EUROPE – FROM GLOBAL TO LOCAL POLICIES, METHODS AND PRACTICES
We are excited to announce the following speakers at plenary sessions:
- Sir Andy Haines, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Kasturi Sen, Wolfson College, Oxford University
- Scott L. Greer, University of Michigan School of Public Health, USA
- Annemiek van Bolhuis, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), The Netherlands
- Jacqueline Müller-Nordhorn, Professor of Public Health at the Berlin School of Public Health
- Adriana Corina Stanciu, resident physician at Coltea Clinical Hospital Bucharest, Romania
- Dr. Mengistu Asnake Kibret, President of the World Federation of Public Health Associations
- Ilona Kickbusch, Professor at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
- Tim Lang, Professor of Food Policy and Director of the Centre for Food Policy, City University London
- Suzanne Marie Babic, Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health, Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, USA
- Michael Moore, Public Health Association of Australia and Vice President of the World Federation of Public Health Associations
- Armin Fidler, President of the European Health Management Association (EHMA)
- Alessandra Lafranconi, Resident Physician in Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, University of Milan
More information on plenary sessions here.
You can benefit from early bird registration fees until 1 September. Please note that this year’s conference is one month earlier than in other years, so do not delay your registration until the last moment. Click for Registration.
The preconference programme is updated continuously. We offer interesting sessions on urban health and architecture, healthy food and nutrition, child injury prevention, sustainable health systems and social security, work and health. Check the website for regular updates.
EXPO MILANO 2015
FEEDING THE PLANET, ENERGY FOR LIFE encompasses how culture, technology, innovation, tradition and creativity relate to food and diet. The themes of food and nutrition are presented at the EXPO Milano in light of new global scenarios and emerging issues, with a principle focus on the right to healthy, secure and sufficient food for all the world’s inhabitants.
PRECONFERENCE ‘CAN WE FEED EUROPE SUSTAINABLY AND EQUITABLY?’ Why not combining your visit of the EXPO Milano with the pre-conference organised by the EUPHA Section on Food and Nutrition on Wednesday 14 October. Find out more here.
The EPH Conference is held at the same time as the 48th National Congress of the Italian Society of Hygiene, Preventive Medicine and Public Health (SItI), creating the largest public health event in Europe. Both conferences are held in the ultramodern MiCo, only one Metro stop from the centre of Milan and the world exhibition EXPO Milano 2015.